For the most part I follow a Paleo diet. No dairy, grains, legumes, and refined sugar are the basic items that are avoided. Rather than focus on all the foods that I shy away from, I prefer to think of all the fresh fruits, veggies, and meats that I can enjoy. Personally I have found that eating this way has helped me to lose the baby weight, succeed in the gym, and eliminate bloating and stomach pain that I experience when I eat foods such as cheese and bread. This meal is a go to, especially when I use my crock pot. I love pairing it over a baked sweet potato. The sweetness of the potato and the heat from the chicken are a perfect complement.
Coconut Curry Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 3 Tablespoons Jamaican curry powder
- 1/2 – 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 13.5 oz coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- Place the chicken into a crock pot and then sprinkle the curry powder and cayenne over top.
- Open the coconut milk and pour the entire contents over the seasoned chicken.
- Turn the slow cooker on low and let the chicken cook for 5-6 hours until the chicken pulls apart easily with a fork.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the crock pot to cool.
- After the chicken is removed mix the arrowroot powder with 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid, and then pour the mixture back into the crock pot. This will help thicken the sauce.
- Shred the cooked chicken and place it, along with any juices, back into the crock pot and stir with the coconut curry sauce.
- Serve over rice or baked sweet potato and enjoy.
* we like our food spicy so we used 1 teaspoon of cayenne , also cornstarch can be used as a thickener in place of arrowroot powder