The boys love pizza! I knew that these mini pizza pockets in the shape of a football would be the perfect addition to our super bowl spread. I wanted to keep the flavors simple so I opted for pepperoni, but really you could use any of your favorite pizza toppings. With a few store-bought ingredients these mini footballs came together in no time.
Mini Football Pizza
- pizza dough
- pizza sauce
- favorite pizza toppings
- Use a football cookie cutter to cut dough into equal amounts and lay them on a cookie sheet lined with cornmeal. The cornmeal will help to give the bottom of the dough that signature pizza crunch.
- Mix your sauce, cheese, and toppings into a bowl. I did a 1/4 cup of sauce, 1/2 cup cheese, and a handful of pepperoni chopped. This left me with extra filling that I combined with the excess pizza dough for a BF approved calzone.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of the filling into the center of the football and place another piece of dough on top. It is important not to overfill the footballs or they will not close properly.
- Use a fork to push down and crimp the edges of the football closed. And then they are ready to bake.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 mins. Once the mini pizzas have cooled they are ready for dipping in pizza sauce and enjoyed.