Valentines day is not something that I really celebrate. To me I think you should show someone you love them every day, not necessarily because you feel pressure from society to do so on one particular day. Receiving flowers spontaneously means a lot more than receiving flowers the same day that every other woman in America receives them. But just because I don’t believe in exchanging gifts on Valentines, doesn’t mean that I don’t like making festive treats for the occasion.
While baked goods from scratch are usually always better, there are numerous boxed products that taste pretty good. For these brownies I just combined two box mixes to make one Valentines inspired treat.
Red Velvet Brownies
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix
- 1 box of your favorite red velvet cake mix
- In two separate bowls prepare the mixes as stated on the box.
- Pour the brownie mixture into a greased square baking dish.
- Pour roughly half of the cake batter on top of the brownie mix and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Baking times will vary depending on the brand of mixes used. I love using boxed mixes like this to make special occasion treats in a hurry. Next week I will share what I did with the left over red velvet mix.