Who doesn’t love spaghetti and meatballs? I always have ground turkey on hand and my favorite spaghetti sauce which makes this meal a quick and easy go to. Rather than using traditional spaghetti noodles I opted for butternut squash. We also love using zucchini in place of regular noodles. My favorite tool to use is this one. I have tried other cheaper hand-held products, but after cutting my finger in the process of using them I realized it is worth it to spend a little more for safety and convenience.
Turkey Meatball with Butternut Squash Noodles
- 1 butternut squash
- ground turkey, approx 20.8 oz
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon adobo seasoning
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon fennel
- salt and pepper
- Peel the neck of the butternut squash and cut it into about 3 pieces. Use the spiralizer to make noodles. Place the noodles on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil.
- Place ground turkey, spices, almond meal, and egg into a large bowl and mix by hand. Use a tablespoon scoop to make meatballs and brown on the stove top.
- Place the browned meatballs on a cooling rack over a baking sheet, this allows the fat to drain as they bake. Cook the meatballs and the noodles for 20 minutes at 350°.
- Heat up your favorite sauce and serve. It’s important to note that you don’t want the veggie noodles to be over cooked as they will fall apart and turn to mush.